This article teaches how to install the live chat button on your website and why you need one, and the key benefits of a live chat button with examples.
Having a live chat button on your website or app is no longer a luxury or negotiable but an essential feature. A live chat is an essential feature for any business website today. Having a live chat conversation with a customer online has become one of the most popular channels to reach online customers.
Latest industry stats for the live chat market:
- Live chat is the most popular service option for customers aged 18 to 49. (Gartner)
- Live chat is the most preferred method of communication with a firm, according to 73% of clients. (Invesp)
- Millennials are 20% more likely than other generations to use live chat. (ICMI)
- By 2023, the global live chat market will be worth $987.3 million.
There is a growing trend among businesses to have live chat buttons on their websites, and the companies that are using them are finding that it is easier to chat live with their customers as a result. In fact, more than half of all customers would prefer to contact a company for help via chat rather than calling them on the phone, and this may be the reason why this adoption has risen to such levels.
Live Chat Button: What Is It?
You can engage with your customers and visitors in real time with a live chat button on your website.
A chat window opens when you click the chat button, in which visitors can chat live, ask sales or support questions, and receive real-time answers. Live chat is a way for customers to contact businesses immediately via the website or app.
Live Chat Button: Benefits
The live chat button on your website lets you converse with customers in real time. Since it is 10x faster than reactive support channels like phone and email, customers prefer it because it is quick, convenient, and easy to use.
Having a live chat button has the following key benefits:
- Engaging Live With Customers:
With online chat, companies can collaborate with customers in real-time and guide them through complex tasks with visual engagement tools like co-browsing and video chat. Clients can have a direct conversation with you, which makes it easier to deliver faster solutions.
- Boost Sales Conversions:
A live chat button allows prospects to ask questions related to sales in real-time. A 20% increase in conversions was observed by B2B companies who used the chat button on their websites. A start chat button on your website is like having a sales assistant on standby, ready to answer questions.
How to Add Live Chat on Website?
Following the steps on installing the best live chat tool and placing the widget correctly on your website is the next step. Embedding a short snippet on the preferred pages works on any website or mobile device.
No complex process is involved in adding a live chat button to your website. The integration process must be followed step-by-step for success. Plugins or manual coding can be used to add a live support button.
- Plugins for Live Chat Integration
It is very easy to do and does not take much time or effort at all. You can also add a start chat button on your website for your customers and visitors to see and interact with you in real-time without leaving your site.
A few examples of plugins are given below:
The Content Management System (CMS): You can have a live chat on your website using CMS plugins for WordPress, Joomla, etc.
eCommerce: If you are a business owner, you can easily integrate the chat button on the webpage of your website using the eCommerce plugins for Woocommerce, Shopify, etc.
- Manual Live Chat Integration
The manual integration process involves a few steps, which anyone with little technical knowledge can easily carry out. You can email your webmaster the snippet code and instructions for successfully integrating live chat manually if you are unsure how to do it. A short live chat button HTML code is all you need to incorporate into your website.
Why Do You Need a Live Chat Button?
- Video & voice chat: Engaging your customers visually and identifying their issues faster are two advantages of using voice and video chat. Effective solutions can be delivered in the first contact itself as soon as the issue is identified, resulting in faster response times. Credibility and trust are built through personalized conversations.
- Chatbots: Website visitors and customers can be engaged 24×7 using AI-enabled chatbots. Answering FAQs instantly and qualifying leads for sales are handled by bots.
- Co-browsing: You can guide your website customers through complex forms and applications by collaborating with them in real-time using the advanced co-browsing solution. The number of customer journey touchpoints can be reduced by providing high-level engagement from the outset.
In today’s digitally-driven world, organizations must be able to maximize their customer lifetime value by utilizing live chat systems. Right from onboarding new customers to maintaining the loyalty of regular customers, live chat services help.
Temasys’ live chat system is designed primarily to increase your revenue and maintain customer loyalty. In contrast, traditional customer service software focuses on addressing tickets and cases, thus limiting the ability to provide people-centered, personalized customer service.