This article will provide an overview of how you can measure the success of live chat on your site through live chat metrics.
The success of live chat can be defined in three words: the retention of customers, the sales that it generates, and the revenue it generates. If you want to achieve a certain goal, you need to monitor the live chat metrics that will help you get there. As a result of live chat SLA, your organization becomes like the eyes and ears of your customers, gathering feedback and identifying pain points quickly so that you can take the necessary action.
In this article, we will discuss various live chat metrics that help measure the success of live chat on your site.
Live Chat Metrics That Help Measure the Success of Live Chat on Your Site
Listed below are some of the metrics based on some live chat analytics to measure the success of live chat on your site:
Live Chat Metrics – Based on Performance
In order to determine how well your live chat is performing, you can measure how well you are helping customers and how satisfied your website visitors are with the live chat support you provide.
In order to monitor your performance, you will need to keep a close eye on the following performance metrics:
- Response Time: When you reply to your customer, the response time or wait time taken for your reply is one of the factors taken into consideration under the response time.
Having a chatbot integrated with your live chat will allow you to drastically reduce the amount of time it takes for you to respond. Unlike other query processing systems, they are able to handle huge volumes of queries concurrently without any lag in response time.
- Satisfaction Rating: Conversations between customers over chat can offer a lot of insight into how they feel about the service they receive from their provider. It is a great metric to measure customer satisfaction by collecting chat ratings or feedback immediately after completing the chat.
Live Chat Metrics – Based on Conversion Rate
How did live chat influence conversion rates or sales for your company? There is no doubt that Live Chat’s success depends heavily on the answer to this question. An organization’s ultimate goal when it comes to Live Chat is to achieve this metric in the shortest time possible.
Analyze Chat Events and Goals With Google Analytics
Are you currently using a live chat solution that integrates with Google Analytics? As a matter of fact, if you have not integrated chat with Google Analytics yet, you need to know what the benefits are.
If a live chat conversation leads to a customer turning into a paying customer after a period of time, then that is a successful live chat. The following KPIs can be easily measured with the help of Google Analytics:
- The percentage of visitors who visit your store or website and complete a goal (purchase, sign up, etc.) of some sort
- How many users complete a goal after chatting with you and completing a task
- Users who saw a triggered chat and completed a task as a result of seeing the triggered chat
The audience reports can be used to track conversions based on event-based conversions by adding Events in the Secondary Dimension to see how various chat events affect the conversion rate of an audience.
Depending on the type of e-commerce store you have, you might be able to set goals as part of the product checkout process and see what percentage of those visitors purchased products from it.
Live Chat Metrics – Based on Activity
Activity Metrics helps you understand how actively we provide live chat support to our customers and provides information about chat traffic on your website. Your live chat strategy can be strengthened by combining agent performance with chat activity.
In order to monitor your performance, you will need to keep a close eye on the following activity metrics:
- The number of chats: Live chat activity is measured by the total number of chats. Likewise, it displays the number of live chat agents you have to handle the volume of chats. In order to understand the total number of chats and determine the cause of fluctuations in chat volume, good live chat software provides reports.
- Chat duration: Your ability to handle more chats increases the faster you complete chats. It is possible for agents to close chats within a few minutes using live chat. Customers and agents will both benefit from saving time.
When it comes to monitoring the important metrics that matter to your business, it is important to define what success means to your business. In this article, we have outlined some of the most important metrics that are usually inbuilt into live chat solutions and also some that can be utilized via integrations with live chat solutions.
Temasys Skylink Cube offers live chat and customer support so that your customers can feel secure when purchasing something from you. You can always contact their customer care team if you have any concerns or questions. This creates a memorable experience for the customer!