Backend Node.js Engineer
- Integration of client side SDKs with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of our backend systems
- Ensuring and enabling reliable connectivity and functionality across services.
- Work with the Android SDK, and Web SDK teams to ensure feature parity and cross compatibility
- Work with the DevOps team to ensure reliable, proactive, and efficient scaling.
- Write both internal and external technical documentation.
- Writing services that allows reports and analytics to be performed on our services and databases
- Have ownership of the services you maintain to ensure their continued availability (including after hours emergency recovery).
- Identify new functionality improved performance and scalability.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ Years in working in a professional software development role or equivalent
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming
- Strong knowledge of backend database technologies and paradigms
- CS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with agile software development practices
- Ability to work in a globally distributed team
- Experience in cross platform development
- Experience working with multi-threaded and multi-node software
- Basic knowledge of Agile software development
- Previous experience in working with communications software