Join UsTemasys powers hundreds of products around the world that developers build on top of our work. We strive to build powerful, yet simple to use developer experiences which enable product designers and developers to provide world class communications experiences to their users.
At Temasys, we have fun using the latest technologies and modern approaches. Creativity and curiosity are highly encouraged. Our team is international, dynamic, and passionate about building innovative services while having fun in the process.
If this sounds like something you'd excel at, we'd love to hear from you.
Technical Support EngineerSuccessful Role Outcomes
The ideal candidate for this role is someone is a motivated technology enthusiast and enjoys learning new things while helping others. This role will require in-depth knowledge of the implementation of our products to assist our customers globally with implementation of our SDKs and supporting products. Heavy interaction with the development team will allow this person to achieve proficiency in software development in a variety of technologies with potential to grow into a development role over time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Interact with both contracted and self-serve customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Validate customer problem reports and escalate to the appropriate parties if needed.
* Assist customers with implementation issues on web and mobile
* Improve documentation based on customer inquires
* Identify frequent trouble areas with implementation and relay that information to project management
* Write technical documentation around the user of the iOS SDK.
* Work with the marketing and developer engagement teams to create sample code for the developer community.
* Identify new functionality for implementation into the iOS and other Android and Web SDK products.
* Follow up on on-going support issue to ensure that issues remain active.
* Keep accurate records of customer communications for the sales and development teams reference.
* Stay current with current products and roadmap items to communicate with customers effectively and accurately
* 2+ Years in technical role related to computer science or networking technologies.
* Excellent understanding of general programming concepts
* Good technical understanding of Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems
* Technically inclined problem solver who is not afraid to ask questions
* Excellent business level spoken and written skill in the English language
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Able to work on a flexible schedule to cover international support needs as required.
* General understanding of HTTP Server configurations
* Experience with GIT Version control systems
* Working understanding with Android or iOS development concepts
* General understanding of Audio and Video Codecs
* Experience working with browser debugging tools.
* Chinese, French, Hindi, or Tamil language is a plus but not required.
Successful role outcomes
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that enjoys the idea of working with media processing and the results of continued refinement for performance tuning and efficiency at all levels. Attention to detail and reliability are what you take pride in. This candidate also appreciates the notion that their efforts will enable real time communications for millions of users across a wide variety of products and industries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Continuous improvement and maintenance on our Media processing services and management nodes.
*Work with the API and backend services teams to ensure reliable connectivity and functionality across services.
*Work with the Android SDK, and Web SDK teams to ensure feature parity and cross compatibility
*Work with the DevOps team to ensure reliable, proactive, and efficient scaling.
*Write both internal and external technical documentation.
*Have ownership of the services you maintain to ensure their continued availability (including after hours emergency recovery).
*Identify new functionality improved performance and scalability.
* 2+ Years in working in a professional software development role or equivalent
*Excellent working knowledge of C/C++
*Working knowledge of Node.js
* Basic understanding of cloud computing.
* CS Degree or equivalent work experience
* Experience working with agile software development practices
*Business level spoken and written English language.
*Ability to work in a globally distributed team
* Experience in cross platform development
*Experience with mobile device development (Conceptual)
*Experience working with Audio/Video Applications (codecs)
*Experience working with multi-threaded and multi-node software
*Basic knowledge of Agile software development
*Previous experience in working with communications software